Re: [Gnucap-devel] Gnucap Integrated waveform displayer Details

From: Abhinav singh
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Gnucap Integrated waveform displayer Details
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 23:06:21 +0530

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 6:25 PM, Felix Salfelder <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 06:07:50PM +0530, Abhinav singh wrote:
>> What exactly is the plotting window??
>> For a time being plotting window is a simple gtk window with a drawing
>> area widget in it. It is created and destroyed with every plot
>> command.This is the main reason why we cannot have multiple window
>> open at same time.
>
> i'm not a gui expoert. anyway, fwiw, i'd try to fork off a process that
> takes care of *all* windows (either during attach or just before the
> first plot). the plugin should know about all it's windows. what i'm
> thinking of is something like this
>
>> .store[..]
>> .tran
>> .plot windowtitle="transient" <= create window #1
By above .plot command what you want whether to run a plot window or
create a window instance and store it into the list without running
it?
>> .ac
>> .plot windowtitle="ac" <= create another window
>
>> .plot list
> #1 transient
> #2 ac
>> .param [..]
>> .tran
>> .plot window=1 <= replace plot?
>
> or even optionally
>> .plot window=1 append
>> plot close 2
>
>> (whatever else)

In current situation if i execute above instruction i get a plot
window open up with first plot command and user have to close this
plot window inorder to proceed to next command and so on.

Thanks,
Abhinav Kumar Singh