gnobog-devel

[Gnobog-devel] Re: Re: current status

From: renaud_chaillat
Subject: [Gnobog-devel] Re: Re: current status
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:37:22 CEST

>[Hmmm, for some reason I didn't get the reply via the mailing list,
>so it shows up in the archive (I did get my own message via the list).
>So please CC me in future again, just to make sure.]

OK. Thought I had CCed you, sorry.

>> The current version might crash a little and there are still a few
>> bugs to iron out, but we'd like to have something releasable really
>> soon now; you might help testing ?
>I'll definitely do that.

Great !

>> "cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gnobog login"
>> "cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gnobog co gnobog-test"
>Getting the source was the easy part ;-)

:-)

>Actually, I first had to install gtk+-2, and that was not as straight
>forward as I hoped (I really wanted to make sure not to mix up my
>existing 1.2 installation with the new version).

You didn't mention your distro, but I guess from below that it's not Debian,
RedHat nor Mandrake.
If so then it gets interesting since both Fred and I know
nothing about your distro :-)

>> Then autogen.sh in gnobog-test should automake/autoconf/configure
>> for you, but feel free to ask us if there are problems, I haven't
>> tested this script for a long time.
>I had to provide
> ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /opt/gtk2/share/aclocal -I /opt/gnome/share/aclocal"
>and I'm still not sure whether this will work now (that gnome is
>not Gnome2).

OK. We'll have to iron this out - though we quite frankly hate
all these autoconf stuff ;-)
By the way, our autogen should not require the gnome aclocal,
since we only depend on gtk2 now, so that'a bug.

>The last message I got is:
>  "Autoconf version 2.53 or higher is required"
>so I'm currently upgrading (it's busy with "make check").

OK. Installation from source :-)
Slackware then ? Gentoo ? or even a non-linux system ?
As for the autoconf requirement, I've given up understanding
the different versions in relation with automake and aclocal.
The requirement on version 2.53 might come from one of the
scripts (probably from gtk2 aclocal).

>Same to me; I'll come back when I have questions or before I'm going
>to port my "X clipboard copy" to the new version.

OK.
I'll take a look at the aclocal problem.

Since I don't know your system, I just want to let you
know all the dependencies at once:
- gtk2 (with glib2)
- libxml2
- libxslt
- perl for most actual plugins

Regards,
Renaud

Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 € TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,16 € TTC/min)