gnobog-devel

[Gnobog-devel] Re: current status

From: Detlef Vollmann
Subject: [Gnobog-devel] Re: current status
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 01:03:17 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

> >[Hmmm, for some reason I didn't get the reply via the mailing list,
> >so it shows up in the archive (I did get my own message via the list).
> >So please CC me in future again, just to make sure.]
>
> OK. Thought I had CCed you, sorry.
You did, I just asked that you continue to do so.
It's strange, I get back all my own messages from the list,
but not your's.

> You didn't mention your distro, but I guess from below that it's not Debian,
> RedHat nor Mandrake.
> If so then it gets interesting since both Fred and I know
> nothing about your distro :-)
Well, you definitely don't.  Once it was a SuSE with a state
of about March 2000, but since then I upgraded and installed
myself whatever I needed.
And as I upgraded gcc and glibc myself, I tend to install
everything from source.
So, it still has some SuSE remains, but it is essentially home grown.

> >> Then autogen.sh in gnobog-test should automake/autoconf/configure
> >> for you, but feel free to ask us if there are problems, I haven't
> >> tested this script for a long time.
> >I had to provide
> > ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /opt/gtk2/share/aclocal -I /opt/gnome/share/aclocal"
> >and I'm still not sure whether this will work now (that gnome is
> >not Gnome2).
>
> OK. We'll have to iron this out - though we quite frankly hate
> all these autoconf stuff ;-)
I like just to type "configure" when everything is provided,
but for my own projects I typically write all the makefiles
manually myself.

> By the way, our autogen should not require the gnome aclocal,
> since we only depend on gtk2 now, so that'a bug.
I also thought so, but without the gnome path I got the following
error:
  aclocal: configure.in: 76: macro `AM_PATH_GDK_PIXBUF' not found in
library

"AM_PATH_GDK_PIXBUF" is provided by gdk-pixbuf.m4, but that is
only in my old gnome installation.  For some reason, gtk2 doesn't
provide that macro file (which is probably a gtk2 problem).

> As for the autoconf requirement, I've given up understanding
> the different versions in relation with automake and aclocal.
I also had to upgrade libtool, though I never got an explicit
version complaint, but only an error that looked like libtool
related and that went away after upgrading.

> Since I don't know your system, I just want to let you
> know all the dependencies at once:
> - gtk2 (with glib2)
> - libxml2
> - libxslt
> - perl for most actual plugins
Ah, thanks, that helps.  I just found out about the libxslt.
Is perl 5.6.0 ok?
I'll probably be busy to install libxml2 and libxslt
(and of course with my normal work) so I'll probably come to
the first try to compile gnobog-test after the weekend.

Detlef

--
Detlef Vollmann   vollmann engineering gmbh
Linux and C++ for Embedded Systems    http://www.vollmann.ch/