Re: [gNewSense-users] some ideas

From: Francesco Tapparo
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] some ideas
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 11:47:06 +0100

hmm I think it is a bad idea to suggest the use of non free software. and it would seem hypocrite: we are doing this distribution as a service, because we want to give users the freedom in their software, so there is no point in suggesting them what sort of manacles to wear.

ciao
Francesco

Dean Linkous wrote:
--- Dave Crossland <address@hidden> wrote:
I think the first suggestion is in the spirit of the
last. Like,

"The unethical, unsustainable proprietary software
in the list below
are often included in GNU+Linux distributions,
including the ones that
have a reputation for only including free software
like Ubuntu,
Fedora, openSUSE and Debian. gNewSense is proud to
be truly 100% Free
Software!"

OH! Now I understand what you are saying. I thought
you meant we should have a list of non-free software
so a user could easily find them if they wanted to add
those packages.

Well it is a bit brazen, and a bit "in your face" but
I certainly like the idea.

Dean
(another user who is excited about GnewSense)