Re: [gNewSense-users] some ideas (about opening files)

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] some ideas (about opening files)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 13:14:39 +0000

On 06/11/06, MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:

A list of non-free-software
with free software "equivalents" will probably create a false
expectation that no learning will be needed if you knew the legacy
software listed.  I have tried it a few times in the past and now think
it should be avoided.  Please, learn from my mistakes.

Thanks, that is useful to know.

However, whats been discussed so far as not really applications that
need to be learned, so much as OS level software like drivers and
browser plugins.

Do you think this still applies to these kinds of software?

--
Regards,
Dave