[gNewSense-users] some ideas

From: Mariot Chauvin
Subject: [gNewSense-users] some ideas
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 15:09:34 +0100

Hi,

Here are some ideas for gNewSense:

* I think a page on the website can be useful, which list non-free software very used. For each non-free software we could add if a current free implementation exist, is in work, or need to be created. for each will could add a link "help this project" to  the website of the project. For example :

Flash player | Gnash | in work (or work good, I don't know :)) | help this project
Nvidia card 3D driver | Nouveau | in work | help this project
etc..

* Add value to gNewSense vs other distributions :
   It could be interesting to have some very limited in numbers gNewSense specific software developed for gNewSense. Of course it implies to have people to write, support, and maintain these software, but it's just an idea for the future :). These software could have a link with freedom.

* a link to add on the website in my point of view :

why blob are dangerous for linux ?: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=113378006232564&w=2

regards,

Mariot

--