Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Debderive

From: Stayvoid
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Debderive
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 01:54:02 +0300

> 'the actual file'?
The opened file.

> You should take advantage of CONF_DIR_PATH instead of hard coding the same
> string multiple times.
OK.

> A user is usually not interested in that and just wants a short and clean
> error message she can act on.
Is there any information about this in the docs?

> Therefore, a message + sys.exit is the better solution.
OK.
Just to make it clear...
What about IOError without raise? When should I use raise?
The examples talk about the syntax, not about the usage. That's why
it's so hard to understand.

> I welcome a patch for your idea.
OK.

> If that doesn't make sense, we can change it.
The name is nice. I like it.
Could you add "r" to the name of the script? The directory is called
"debderiver", but the file is called "debderive.py." That's the only
name-related thing that bothers me.

Don't merge this patch. I'll make a new one.