Re: [Gnash-dev] Hardware acceleration support

From: Gwenole Beauchesne
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Hardware acceleration support
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 17:17:29 +0100

Le 14 mars 10 à 16:36, Rob Savoye a écrit :

 The Cairo backend is also closer to correct rendering than the OpenGL
backend. Since we have to convert vectors to bitmaps for OpenGL anyway,
we might as well use Cairo unless there is an appreciable performance
performance hit. I've never seen OpenGL really helping that much, so my guess is with Cairo on top of OpenGL, we won't notice any difference in
performance.

I have the opposite experience. CPU usage is pretty low with the OpenGL renderer (<30%) vs. 60+% with AGG. What I implied is I will try to track the remaining problem with OpenGL but if this consumes me too much time, I would just stick to Cairo.