Re: [Gnash-dev] Hardware acceleration support

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Hardware acceleration support
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 21:08:45 -0700

strk wrote:

>> Kde4Gui won't link because of multiple definitions (no idea why, but
>> it's not a problem in trunk).

  Ah, I've been building with just gtk primarily in the branch, so
missed this.

> I'd be happy to help fixing this if it doesn't get
> in rob's way (ie: if he has uncommitted patches)

  Nope, nothing uncommitted to the hwaccel branch right now. I'm also
out ice climbing and camping for a few days, so any changes before I get
back in a few days are fine with me. :-) Right now the focus is on
getting better fallback between options of renderer & video decoders, so
 it works on more platforms by doing more auto-sensing at runtime of the
graphics support.

 This was a surprising easy change to add dynamic renderers (only
possible cause of some changes bwy made a little while ago to give the
real credit), and it's interesting being able to switch things around
and do performance testing. I wish I had done this years ago now... :-)

         -rob -