Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash + Ubuntu: alive?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash + Ubuntu: alive?
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 16:52:53 -0600

Richard Wilbur wrote:

> I was thinking it might be an easy way for the user to upgrade their
> gnash player without requiring as much vigilance by the
> distribution's

 This is why I added xpi support, to make it easy to update. There are
some sysadmin bits left to do the the updates, etc.. all work, I just
haven't gotten around to yet. I'm swamped with tasks right now...

> mechanism since some of the codecs people will want cannot be
> statically linked into an xpi and still abide by the GPL.

  Right, but Gnash now pops up it's own dialog box to tell you to
install the codec package. That way we don't have to depend on the
distro to do the right thing, cause most don't.

> Are you working on LocalConnection or the RTMP stuff?

  I keep trying to get back to RTMP hacking, but instead I've been doing
lots of build & config hacking (python & as3), added minimal
ActionScript 3 library support, maintain the build farm, etc... Too much
happening these days...

        - rob -