Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash + Ubuntu: alive?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash + Ubuntu: alive?
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 14:13:42 -0600

Richard Wilbur wrote:

> I installed Gnash from the Applications->Add/Remove... and noticed it

  For Hardy ?

> did not install the Mozilla plugin.  Had to run Synaptic to get the
> plugin.  Now I am able to run things such as the animation of peak oil
> at [1].  But I still can't watch the YouTube Swedish Chef "Meatballs" at
> [2] or even the target swf [3].  Probably need a newer release of Gnash.

  The YouTube media player changes occasionally, and sometimes it finds
new bugs in Gnash. In this case they jumped up to swf v9, which was a
big change. 0.8.2 is so old, it won't really support youtube properly.

> Mr. Savoye:  You were working on the gnash.xpi Firefox plugin recently.
> What ever became of that effort?

  I can build xpis, and for me they install and run. :-) But lately I've
been hacking on other stuff,

        - rob -