Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Re: gotoAndPlay bug in Gnash (was: Serious performanc

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Re: gotoAndPlay bug in Gnash (was: Serious performance problem)
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 13:59:31 +0200

Hello Sandro,

Tuesday, May 8, 2007, 1:39:02 PM, you wrote:
SS> I dunno, till we have a testcase which anyone with a proprietary player
SS> can run to verify the expected behaviour.

All frame numbers 1-based:

--- frame 3 contains a PlaceObject ("mc") and a debug message

--- frame 5 code:

old_depth = mc.getDepth();
trace("depth was "+old_depth);
mc.swapDepths(50);
removeMovieClip(mc);

--- frame 7 code:

mc = this.attachMovie("whatever", "mc", old_depth);
mc._x = 200;
mc._y = 200;

--- frame 10 code:

trace("---------- now jumping back -----------");
gotoAndPlay(2);

"whatever" is the ID of a completely different sprite definition.

With MM:

The dynamically created instance gets replaced by the static instance,
BUT: I see one empty frame in between (fps is 2 frames/sec). I would
expect immediate replacement, if at all.

The dynamically created instance disappears when "now jumping back" is
printed and "PlaceObject" is printed one frame later, visually
looking.

Strange...

Udo