Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: gotoAndPlay bug in Gnash (was: Serious performance p

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: gotoAndPlay bug in Gnash (was: Serious performance problem)
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 12:30:48 +0200

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 11:02:19AM +0200, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> >> A special case seems to be *moving* a static sprite. When, in the
> >> above example, changing
> >>   _x += 50;
> >>   _y += 50;
> >> instead of removing it (and *not* changing depths), the instance keeps
> >> on moving and it's original position is /not/ restored when looping
> >> back. AFAIK this is because the sprite instance gets a special state
> >> when such properties are changed (can't remember the right term).
>
> SS> Are you referring to the 'accept_anim_move' flag ?
>
> I think it was "dynamic instance". We had a discussion a while
> back (ie. you explained it to me).

Currently we use a _scriptTransformed flag for these cases.
Once a character has been transformed by actionscript we won't
allow PlaceObject2 to modify it's matrix again.

The get_accept_anim_move() is the function being called to know
wheter PlaceObject2 movement are allowed. It currently checks
*not* the _scriptTransformed and the _dynamicallyCreated flag.

If what Zou is saying in IRC is correct it should only use _scriptTransformed
instead:

12:21 < zou> PLACE and REPLACE need to support an ID for the new character,
PLACE, MOVE, REPLACE all use dpeth to refer the old character.
12:22 < strk> Ok, so my question above was: will MOVE or REPLACE tags be
effective no matter what kind of instance is found at the specified depth of
the old
              character ?
12:25 < zou> yes, I think so. no matter what occupies the specified depth.