Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Re: gotoAndPlay bug in Gnash (was: Serious performanc

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Re: gotoAndPlay bug in Gnash (was: Serious performance problem)
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 11:02:19 +0200

Hello Sandro,

Tuesday, May 8, 2007, 10:42:39 AM, you wrote:
SS> You can't use "swapDepth" to remove an item from the stage.
SS> What do you mean exactly ?
SS> I think we need a glossary here...

mc.swapDepths(100);
removeMovieClip(mc);

>> A special case seems to be *moving* a static sprite. When, in the
>> above example, changing
>>   _x += 50;
>>   _y += 50;
>> instead of removing it (and *not* changing depths), the instance keeps
>> on moving and it's original position is /not/ restored when looping
>> back. AFAIK this is because the sprite instance gets a special state
>> when such properties are changed (can't remember the right term).

SS> Are you referring to the 'accept_anim_move' flag ?

I think it was "dynamic instance". We had a discussion a while
back (ie. you explained it to me).

>> zl> In sprite_instance::goto_frame()
>> zl> resetDisplayList() clears all static characters placed from frame1 to
>> zl> current frame when jump back. Instead of doing that, I think we should
>> zl> just clear static characters placed from target frame to current
>> zl> frame. This might solve some problems above.
>>
>> No, this would still re-create the sprite placed in frame 3 when we
>> loop back to frame 4.

SS> Not if we forbid PlaceObject2 w/out the "move" flag to place a character
SS> to an already occupied depth, right ?

To clarify my answer to Zou: That proposal would be a no-op in our
test scenario.

It's not exactly clear to me what you mean, but also a PlaceObject2
tag that moves an existing instance should *not* re-initialize it, no
actions should be executed.

Udo