global-orgs-general

[Global-orgs-general] Re: How far to go with GNU/Linux Users groups?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Global-orgs-general] Re: How far to go with GNU/Linux Users groups?
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:54:04 -0700 (MST)

I think we should simply not include user groups for particular
operating systems in this list.  As you explained, most of them don't
have strong principles, and it is very difficult to judge whether they
do have them.

Making the difficult judgment call about each group would surely take
hours of study in each case.  We don't have time for that.  In any
case, their focus is on a system, not on the principles of free
software.  So this is not the right place to include them.