global-orgs-general

Re: GNU news network?

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: Re: GNU news network?
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:40:19 -0500

[ Removed RMS from Cc list since he mentioned he didn't have time to worry
 about this matter. ]

Jose E. Marchesi <address@hidden> wrote:

>    In general, my comment is that we have so much infrastructure that
>    addresses these sorts of needs, be careful not to reinvent the wheel.
>    Savannah problem has enough services to make it possible to implement the
>    idea easily.
>
> That is great! Most things already developed, more time will be able to
> be applied into important questions.
>
> I will discuss a possible implementation with Loic, if he has some
> time. Also, it is possible to be better to stay for the new
> savannah...

I think that might be a good idea, and in the meantime we can work on
pieces of the FS Global Orgs project that will lay the ground work.

>    I should mention that one of our webmasters, because he needed an exercise
>    to learn XML and XSLT, devised an XML DTD for our press releases.  There
>    is already an XSLT style sheet to generate HTML, and he is working on
>    generating plain Text and LaTeX, too.
>
>    It doesn't have support for translations, but it should be easy to add
>    it.  Currently, the software is hosted in the 'www' savannah project CVS
>    (not to be confused with the 'webcvs', which is just the CVS of the
>    website).  We could move it to your new savannah project once it is set
>    up.
>
> ok. Next saturday i will start working in the FS Global Orgs project.

Great.  I've added the whole matter as a task on that project.  Feel free
to "take it" if you want to work on it. :)

   -- bkuhn