gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] Re: Feb's patch resolution rate

From: Stan Shebs
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] Re: Feb's patch resolution rate
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:29:03 -0800

Andrew Cagney wrote:

Hmm, I should have also counted who reviewed Daniels patches as I now

suspect the results would be similar.

If anything it should be Elena and you [david] maintaining the symbol table.

Jim, lets stick to this question.  Would the pair:

    Elena
    David

make for a better symbol table leads than:

    JimB
    Elena

The symbol table is a critical piece of infrastructure and as such needs a steady hand, and a long term commitment by developers. Both through overhaul, and through a disciplined and diligent review of patches. What the area does not need is random tugs in differing directions based on the wim of "maintainer of the day".

What I hear you saying here is that you don't think Jim is qualified
to be a global maintainer of GDB, is that right? Is this something
the SC should be taking up?

Stan