gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] Re: Feb's patch resolution rate

From: Andrew Cagney
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] Re: Feb's patch resolution rate
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 12:56:41 -0500

No, sorry, my jaw dropped, I couldn't comprehend how you could not be
aware of this.

You see here Jim agreeing to become a secondary for the i386, but retaining other responsibilties:
        o       Jim Blandy is busy over coming weeks /
                months and is taking a back seat on
                the day-to-day linux stuff.  He's
                definitly interested and wants to
                participate in more serious architectural
                issues.  Looking forward to when Jim
                is back fully on line.
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2000-05/msg00277.html
(at the time, Elena was a two week old secondary symtab maintainer).

[bad edit...] and hence Jim at least had a clear knowledge of this. Am I being unreasonable in assuming that Jim, as organizer, had ensured that all existing pratices and policies had been reviewed - if nothing else to ensure that all participants were aware of what was being changed?

If we're serious about changing GDB's patch review process we need to to it properly - analyze the problems and identify solutions. Part of that is identifying the existing dynamics, and the aspects that work.

Note the date - I did not participate in GDB development until 2001.

I guess I was assuming that you had read the MAINTAINERS file.

Andrew