gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] Let's resolve this quickly

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] Let's resolve this quickly
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 22:59:34 +0200

> From: Jim Blandy <address@hidden>
> Date: 26 Mar 2004 14:55:11 -0500
>
> I'm less experienced than Eli, but as I see it, one stumbling block is
> that the committee has no agreed-upon procedure for making decisions.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't even know if I can be sure that the
committee will be the solution to the current situation.  Did
everybody agree that when an argument between maintainers comes to an
impasse, we go to the committee for arbitration?  I'm not sure; I
didn't see this spelled out anywhere in these discussions.

In fact, I have no idea whatsoever what activities, if any, are going
on to resolve the situation.  I hear hints about private mail
exchanges, bits and pieces from off-stage discussions, but on-stage
_nothing_really_happens_ except for endless verbiage that doesn't
lead anywhere; there's no practical goal in sight!

Is there anyone in charge here who can tell us how they expect to
resolve this, and present something resembling a plan towards that
goal?