gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] Let's resolve this quickly

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] Let's resolve this quickly
Date: 29 Mar 2004 08:22:02 +0200

> From: Elena Zannoni <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 12:05:03 -0500
>
> I don't believe that the patch process in gdb is 'closed'. I think it's
> different from what you are used to.

I hope so.  I find the GCC trigger-happy practice to be too much for
my stomach.

In practice, though, I think that a goal of never _releasing_ a GDB
that is broken on some platform is good enough.  GDB users need a
reliable tool because they need it to do something other than hacking
GDB.  But those who check out a random CVS snapshot cannot possibly
expect it to be stable, if only because the CVS tree could be in the
process of a large patch being committed.