gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] Re: Feb's patch resolution rate

From: Andrew Cagney
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] Re: Feb's patch resolution rate
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:05:29 -0500

Lobbying is not a crime, even when
done "behind someone's back".  Andrew did exactly the same thing
when he wanted to change Blanket Write maintainers into Global
maintainers -- he called a bunch of us privately to convince us.

?

Similarly, he has been calling people privately to convince them
to drop their maintainership roles.  This is just not an issue.

?

As an individual, I've often _directly_ contacted developers to express, or more often, pass on concerns. Typically in response to complaints that they are no longer or hardly active. I've even contacted you. In that regard I've tried to make helpful suggestions, how ever if the developer isn't interested in my opinion, and contrary to rumor, there is little that I can personally do.

That is the exact oposite to going "behind someone's back".

Andrew