gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] Re: Feb's patch resolution rate

From: Elena Zannoni
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] Re: Feb's patch resolution rate
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 07:32:06 -0500

Eli Zaretskii writes:
 > > From: Elena Zannoni <address@hidden>
 > > Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 09:07:05 -0500
 > >  >
 > >  > Elena, I think you dismiss too lightly the power of putting on our
 > >  > technical hat: when we do that, any personal grudges become secondary
 > >  > to our technical judgement and to the need to keep our good names in
 > >  > the face of the community (which is why keeping most discussions
 > >  > public is important, IMO).
 > >
 > > Well, you agree with me then, that if the discussions are kept public
 > > we are ok. If not, we are in trouble.
 >
 > No, I don't.  I was talking about _technical_ discussions.
 >
 > When personal issues are involved, it is sometimes better to talk in
 > private.  We all have practiced that in the past.

I don't understand what personal issues have to do with patch
review. I am saying that only technical issues discussed publicly
should affect the outcome of any given patch. And I think we are in
agreement on that. Maybe you are talking about something else.

 > > And I hope you are right when
 > > you say that what I anticipate happening, based on past history, won't
 > > repeat itself. That is what I am worried about.
 >
 > Sorry, I don't get the hint.  Care to clarify?

There is no hidden or oblique meaning in what I said. I would hate to
see a repeat of what happened last November.