gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] New steering committee?

From: David Carlton
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] New steering committee?
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:52:31 -0800

On 23 Mar 2004 08:26:04 +0200, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> said:
>> From: David Carlton <address@hidden>
>> Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:32:24 -0800

>> (Though, to be fair, the argument we're currently having on the GDB
>> mailing lists about where to document known bugs seems fairly
>> healthy to me; I'm not sure how it will get resolved if we don't
>> come to a consensus on that matter, but one can be optimistic.)

> I thought we did arrive at a consensus on that one: Andrew posted a
> modified patch that was fine with me, and I didn't see any
> objections (nor any followups, for that matter) from anyone else.

My reading of the thread "[patch/rfc] Add meaningful section titles to
PROBLEMS"
<http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2004-03/msg00455.html> is
that I didn't like the proposed solution and would probably prefer
important old bugs to be listed in gdb.texinfo, that you strongly
disagreed with listing them in gdb.texinfo (and I hadn't gotten around
to asking why), and that Michael Chastain preferred at least having
regressions since the last release singled out.  But that thread only
contains one patch, so I may be missing the modified patch that you're
talking about.

(Not that this is very important to the topic at hand.)

David Carlton
address@hidden