gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] New steering committee?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] New steering committee?
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:22:03 +0200

> Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 18:39:52 +0000
> From: Michael Snyder <address@hidden>
>
> There was some discussion about whether the committee should include
> any of the actual maintainers (those of us who do the work).  I don't
> recall if that was resolved, but if the decision is no, then Andrew
> and Jim Blandy should probably be dropped from the committee.  If yes,
> then I think a few more of us should be added.

IMHO, it all depends on how exactly the committee will be involved in
GDB maintenance.  E.g., if the committee will effectively be the GDB
head maintainer, then those who do the actual work should definitely
be part of such a committee.

As far as I understand, Richard wants to leave the precise definition
of the committee's involvement to the committee itself, in which case
the question who should be on the committee should be deferred as
well, until that issue is resolved first.  I'm afraid that this could
lead to a chicken-and-egg kind of problems, but I'm willing to wait
and see.