gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] New steering committee?

From: Jim Blandy
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] New steering committee?
Date: 22 Mar 2004 17:16:40 -0500

> The committee's job is to take charge of GDB maintenance
> and decide how to do it.  When I have got the membership cleared up
> I will ask the committee to start addressing this issue.
> But it would certainly be a good idea for them to start now.

Okay --- so it seems that, because Ian was unable to put together a
consensus, the proposal we made back in December is in the steering
committee's lap.

This committee, at the moment, hasn't chosen decision-making
procedures, and hasn't decided how it should take charge of GDB
maintenance.  It seems like those should be the first orders of
business.  If we do a good job settling those issues, then the
appropriate way to handle the December proposal, and the other
suggestions people made, ought to be clear.

I'm going to find out what GCC's steering committe's decision-making
procedures are, and if they seem reasonable (which they apparently
are), I'll propose them.