gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl and the random tester

From: Paul F. Dietz
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl and the random tester
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:52:49 -0600

Camm Maguire wrote:

I just had gcl segfault on random tests (size 1000, arg num 8)
after < 900 iterations.  Oh well.

:-<. Can you please post the offending form, and the command you are
:using to run the tester.

Unfortunately, I cannot give the form.  I reran the tester
in a mode where it prints each form (and associated arguments)
before each test, but when rerun in a fresh lisp it doesn't crash.

This suggests that either there's something about how the
form is run in the tester originally that caused the crash,
or that there's some subtle corruption that happened in an
earlier form that causes the later crash.  This is going to
be difficult to track down.

You can get this crash by doing

(load "gclload1.lsp")
(compile-and-load "random-int-form.lsp")
(in-package :cl-test)
(loop-random-int-forms 1000 8)
;; now wait a while

If you want the test cases to be printed as they go,
set cl-test::*print-immediately* to T.  I'll check in
some tweaks soon so that this will dump to files rather
than to standard output.

        Paul