gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: gcl and the random tester

From: Paul F. Dietz
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl and the random tester
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:01:45 -0600

Camm Maguire wrote:
Greetings, and thanks as always Paul.  Is it meaningful to get a feel
for the compiler reliability modulo this missing function?  I'm pretty
sure I won't have time to get it in for at least a couple of weeks,
and it would be good to get some feel for how solid the current state
is.  Again I can probably contribute computer time if you feel like
pooling these tests across machines.

Yes, it is worthwhile.  Currently these operators are conditionalized
out of the generator, so we can test without them.  Without them,
gcl doesn't have any compiler bugs that I know about that the random
tester can stimulate (although some might exist).

        Paul