Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Misunderstanding the Free Software Philosophy

From: Jacek Podkanski
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Misunderstanding the Free Software Philosophy
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 19:09:53 +0000

There's a chance that distinction between Free Software and Open Source, one day might resemble distinction between Free Masons and stone masons. The sooner it happens the better. I think we need a clear separation of political zealotry from doing real work. Decision to use the term Free Software for use in politics was a bad idea. Inventing another term, for example something like Software Freedom Party, or even better Digital Freedom Party, would be a better idea.

Jacek