Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Misunderstanding the Free Software Philosophy

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Misunderstanding the Free Software Philosophy
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 12:57:06 +0000

Jacek suggested:
> The more I read about it, the more it seems to me that Open Source
> Methodology and Free Software Movement are two inseparable sides of the
> same coin. You can't solve the social problems without solving the
> practical problems.

But can you solve the purely-practical problems without solving the
social problems?

I'd say yes, but only temporarily if those who set the rules are not
basically agreeing that there are significant benefits from freedoms
to use, study, share and adapt, so I probably agree with you that they
are inseparable.

Regards,