Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Ubuntu Spyware: What to Do?

From: Michael Dorrington
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Ubuntu Spyware: What to Do?
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 15:06:04 +0000

On 09/12/12 14:34, Aaron Newell wrote:
> Thanks Michael, I'll give that a try. I'm using backports heavily as it is.
> Cheers.

You may know, to get 'wheezy' you don't need to reinstall.  You can
upgrade in place, though make sure you have a recovery plan in case it
goes wrong and you need a bit of experience to cope with package
conflicts/removals/issues especially since wheezy isn't the stable
release yet.
Instructions are at:
http://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/mips/release-notes/ch-upgrading.nl.html
The instructions are cautious and include logging of what happens but I
recommend following them.  If you do have issues then putting the
appropriate error message into a search engine normally results in a
solution.

Regards,
Mike.

--