Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Ubuntu Spyware: What to Do?

From: EVISON ROY
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Ubuntu Spyware: What to Do?
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 20:04:19 +0000

Dan,
       regarding what Stallman pointed out about the latest Ubuntu it
is not, as yet encrusted on your system:
 Dan,
       I agree this is a step too far. Looking on the Ubuntu forum
this only affects us from 12.10, so far and can be removed by the
following:

  apt-get remove unity-lens-shopping

Still, does n't stop connonical from removing the option in the future.

 If I wanted to "sell" freesoftware to the general public I would make
details secondary. Suze got me hooked; there has to b something that
gets people interested and Ubuntu/Mint does that. If you can remove
the nasties then that is good but kep a check on 'em and if that fails
use something else.

Roy.