Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Ubuntu Spyware: What to Do?

From: Dan MacDonald
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Ubuntu Spyware: What to Do?
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 19:34:21 +0000

You can pull down a newer Iceweasel (rebranded Firefox) using repository
entries from the Debian Mozilla team page: http://mozilla.debian.net/

So THATS where the latest Deb Moz packages are hiding! It seems Mozilla only offer 32 bit builds here:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html

I was wondering what to recommend to those who've ended up using Debian who want a newer FF/Iceweasel but wilt at the thought of having to compile stuff or get involved in backports and pinning etc. After the trademark dispute between Moz and Debian I'd presume there's not much chance they'd be willing to link the 'enemies' packages is there?