Re: [Fsfe-uk] Software in Schools

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Software in Schools
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:37:07 +0000

Hi,

Firstly, yes, I agree, signing a petition is "lazy" compared to writing
to your MP and probably has less impact.  However, given that many
people will take a minute to sign a petition but not the hour it takes
to write a good letter to their MP, it's still worth having petitions.

I wonder if a list of the various on-going lobbying campaigns that
someone can participate in would be useful.  Filterable by type, e.g.
petition versus letter-writing.  I'm sure there's many I don't get to
hear about that I'd be willing to support.  Having a well-known location
that people can get a feed from to keep up to date may be worthwhile and
garner more support for the campaigns.

Cheers,

Ralph.