[Fsfe-uk] Software in Schools

From: Jocelyn Chappell
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Software in Schools
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:18:56 +0000

You may be interested to follow up the occasionally mentioned theme of
free and open source software in schools.

I have set up an e-petition [http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/schoolsoftware/]
that you may consider signing to encourage the PM to promote acceess to free and open source software in schools. It closely follows Early Day Motion 179 Software in Schools [http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDetails.aspx?EDMID=31752&SESSION=885].

I have summarised the rationale behind the e-petition and placed salient
links to supporting organisations and other famous people on my blog
[http://specialschoolict.com/2007/02/12/pm-petition-software-in-schools/].

As it happens:-

+ the PM's e-petition system was in the news over the weekend and has seemed a little slow since - such is the pain of internet fame.
+ I am in the middle of upgrading my blog - but past the worst - it is
settling down.

In both cases please be patient.

Regards

JE Chappell