Re: [Fsfe-uk] Accounting for charity with free software

From: Richard Smedley
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Accounting for charity with free software
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:23:56 +0000

Hello Mark,

On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 09:47 +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Are there free software accounting packages which can handle
> restricted funds well?

Yes :-)
Sort of :-/

Before the MOST project had the plug pulled, we commissioned
the porting of such a package to run on top of OOo Calc, from
earlier work done by BVSC for VCOs in the Birmingham area.

It should be finished by now, but unfortunately they are
not answering any of my e-mail enquiries about the
project status :-(
Nor do I have any say regarding licensing any more.

I am in Birmingham next week, and will try and track down
the developer for more info.

Regards,

 - Richard

--
Richard Smedley,                                         address@hidden
Technical Director,                                     www.M6-IT.org

Web services * Back-ups * Support * Training & Certification * E-Mail
M6-IT CIC ``Software Freedom for the Education and Voluntary Sector''

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee
Registered in England & Wales,               Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT