Re: [Fsfe-uk] An advocate's attempt to write about Free Software

From: Richard Smedley
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] An advocate's attempt to write about Free Software
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:23:08 +0000

Hello Henry,

On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 10:46 +0000, visctrix wrote:
> I've seen posts on this list in the past about trying to encourage the
> voluntary and community sector to embrace free software, and I wonder
> if I might have something to contribute...

Please do - the more the merrier ;-)

This week the Circuit Rider's [1] mailing list [2] has been
overwhelmed with posts on Free Software in the sector [3].

This in the lead-up to next week's Circuit Riders Conference [4]
in Birmingham. There are probably still places if you want to
come along. :-)

 - Richard

[1] http://www.lasa.org.uk/circuitriders/index.shtml
[2] http://lists.lasa.org.uk/lists/info/ukriders
[3] http://lists.lasa.org.uk/lists/arc/ukriders
[4] http://www.lasa.org.uk/crconference/index.shtml
Note that it is the 2006 conference - postponed from November.

--
Richard Smedley,                                         address@hidden
Technical Director,                                     www.M6-IT.org

Web services * Back-ups * Support * Training & Certification * E-Mail
M6-IT CIC ``Software Freedom for the Education and Voluntary Sector''

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee
Registered in England & Wales,               Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT