Re: [Fsfe-uk] Cheats!

From: Mark Cooper
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Cheats!
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 09:24:34 +0000

Looking at their licensing page, maybe they are 'just' charging for downloads?

http://www.comparesoft.com/licensing.html

Even if this was the case, they do not credit the original source(s).

Paul wrote:
Hi,

How to rename a product and make a few dollars into the bargain

http://www.comparesoft.com/comparepublish.html = Scribus
http://www.comparesoft.com/comparephoto.html = GIMP
http://www.comparesoft.com/compareoffice.html = OOo
http://www.comparesoft.com/compareweb.html looks like either Moz or
Opera.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there something in the
GPL which prohibits this sort of activity? There is nothing on the site
to say where the code came from, but the screenshots look very familiar.
Too familiar.