Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC Article about Linux SCO and Copyrights - BBC calls for

From: Paul
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC Article about Linux SCO and Copyrights - BBC calls for statements (fwd)
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 15:41:57 +0100

Hi,

> > Unfortunately for some so firmly entrenched in the "all from Redmond is
> > perfect" camp, it's probably the only way to get them to listen or get
> > it through that they're talking codswallop and not doing themselves or
> > the organisations they represent and favours with such ill informed and
> > incorrect information.
>
> That's how you feel about it as indicated by your parting words. Its
> understandable, but I still think that approach will do more harm than
> good - well its probably ok for this forum as we are all on the same
> side but I think it would be seriously counter-productive outside it.

That is why outside of this arena, a totally different stance is used.
We know the problems and through informed discourse, can plan the best
way to change the problem

> When was the last time you were persuaded by someone shouting at you?

I walk away when the shouting begins.

> > Paul
> > (it's been a very very very long day....)
>
> Hopefully to-day will be better!

So far, it's hit and miss. My health problems are really getting me
down, but at least Liverpool notched their first win of the campaign :-)

TTFN

Paul

--
One OS to fool them all