[Fsfe-uk] BBC Article about Linux SCO and Copyrights - BBC calls for sta

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] BBC Article about Linux SCO and Copyrights - BBC calls for statements (fwd)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:36:49 +0100

From address@hidden, a pointer to http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3191281.stm "The Linux community needs to accept that this could be a real problem, and put processes in place to make sure it cannot happen instead of simply dismissing
all criticism as unfounded. "

They can't tell the difference between the Linux kernel and the GNU tools, when it suits them. Very confused article. Maybe the BBC is trying to drive traffic through their edited comments by trolling or maybe they really need help understanding? Bill Thompson set up the Guardian's "New Media Lab" but I'm not aware of him knowing about free software.