Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC Article about Linux SCO and Copyrights - BBC calls for

From: abower
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC Article about Linux SCO and Copyrights - BBC calls for statements (fwd)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 20:43:53 +0100

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 04:36:49PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:

> They can't tell the difference between the Linux kernel and the GNU
> tools, when it suits them.  Very confused article.  Maybe the BBC is
> trying to drive traffic through their edited comments by trolling or
> maybe they really need help understanding?  Bill Thompson set up the
> Guardian's "New Media Lab" but I'm not aware of him knowing about free
> software.

I emailed Bill once in the past when he got the wrong end of the stick about
free software and explained some of the terms to him (that he used in his
article) in such a way so he could avoid misusing them in the future. Doesn't
look like it did much good :( he never replied to my email either, personally I
feel that aunty has given him a nice job and he thinks he is great and doesn't
care about getting things right. Seems to be his personal domain to talk
rubbish about technology on the bbc site, I would love to see him got rid of
(and this is not just free software I am talking about either) and they get
someone who doesn't abuse what they get by plastering their ugly mug all over
it.

Adam
--
jabberid = address@hidden