Re: [Fsfe-uk] E-envoy and Open file formats

From: ian
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] E-envoy and Open file formats
Date: 04 Aug 2003 14:30:00 +0100

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 11:52, MJ Ray wrote:
> Mike Taylor <address@hidden> wrote:
> > maybe the time is right to point out that "OO.o" is one of the worst
> > names I've ever heard for anything.  Even "Microsoft Bob" was better.
>
> I think the official name for the word processor format is "Open Writer"
> but ICBW.  It's probably my fault for writing OO.o or similar.
>
> [...]
> > The place to push OpenOffice is with vendors.
>
> Again, this is an excellent thing to do.  I'm sure people can offer
> some pointers to suitable demo CDs?  I thought some vendors were already
> supplying it, but I can't find a list on www.openoffice.org

 http://distribution.openoffice.org/cdrom/#cdrom

Is a list of CD-ROM distributors world wide. I do believe that some
people are even selling discs on E-bay. The OEM installs I have seen
have been for Star Office 6.0 which is not as good as OO.o 1.1 - it will
become SO 6.1 I guess. I did see boxed PCs from Time in Tescos with Star
Office installed.

--
ian <address@hidden>