Re: [Fsfe-uk] E-envoy and Open file formats

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] E-envoy and Open file formats
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 10:52:26 -0000

Mike Taylor <address@hidden> wrote:
> maybe the time is right to point out that "OO.o" is one of the worst
> names I've ever heard for anything.  Even "Microsoft Bob" was better.

I think the official name for the word processor format is "Open Writer"
but ICBW.  It's probably my fault for writing OO.o or similar.

[...]
> The place to push OpenOffice is with vendors.

Again, this is an excellent thing to do.  I'm sure people can offer
some pointers to suitable demo CDs?  I thought some vendors were already
supplying it, but I can't find a list on www.openoffice.org

> Whatever happened to RTF, by the way?

Which RTF would you like?  :(  I believe the normal sort of "extensions"
from its owner made it rather tricky to use.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://address@hidden
Thought: Edwin A Abbott wrote about trouble with Windows in 1884