Re: [Fsfe-uk] Software patent - any action?

From: Chris Lale
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Software patent - any action?
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:08:23 +0000

I have started writing letters. I decided not to write immediately about the patent issue because the politicians may not have a clear idea (or any idea) about free software. I decided to start a conversation about free software first. You can see the bare bones of my "software awareness letter" at http://coolscience.co.uk/free-software/letters/letter-outlines.html . If these outlines are useful to anyone else, please use them.

I have sent emails to the MEP party leaders of Conservatives, Greens, Labour and LibDems. (The LibDems actually have a draft policy on open source software!) I have sent emails backed up with letters to all MEPs in the Eastern Region - see http://www.europarl.org.uk/uk_meps/MembersMain.htm

Cheers,

Chris.
|  ___   Chris Lale   <address@hidden>                  |
| | <_/  My PC runs Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (http://www.debian.org). |
| \      Robust, secure and free operating system + applications. |