Re: [Fsfe-uk] Where are we now?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Where are we now?
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:05:31 +0000

Hi Mark,

> Ralph:
> > limited liability, e.g. of GBP 1.00.  The mailing list might choose
> > a form that people are reluctant to stand for posititions on,
> > IYSWIM.
>
> I think it's 100 pounds usually.

The NCVO document referred to in the original post says GBP 1.00 for
the limit of liability and that matches my experience too.

The Professional Contractors Group, http://www.pcgroup.org.uk/, is a
company limited by guarantee with over 10,000 members.  They pay
GBP100.00 to join, GBP1.00 of that represents their liability, the
other GBP99.00 is their subs for the year giving them various
membership benefits.

> If the list selects something that we can't work, then that's the
> list's fault... from previous discussions, I'd expect everything but
> the first form to be workable.

1, 2, and free aren't separate legal entities resulting in unlimited
liability for some people though.

Cheers,

Ralph.