Re: [Freetype] Re: how update the website for the complex layout

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Re: how update the website for the complex layout
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 21:05:05 +0900

The words are a bit harsh but I have no objection ;-)

On Sun, 16 May 2021 17:31:17 +0900, suzuki toshiya wrote:

Yet I don't have a good answer to a person saying "I don't care
the right-to-left scripts, or the complex glyph shaping like various
Indic scripts, I understand they need very complicated technology.
But I just want the support for CJK vertical writing mode, it should
be possible that raw FT2 supports it?

The kind of people who need to ask this sort of question are precisely
the sort who would not be able to figure out the details that layers
like HarfBuzz and Cairo already deal with for them.

The dependency chain before
HarfBuzz, like X11, pixman, cairo, glib, C++, etc etc are too long
for me!"

Reimplementing these functions for themselves would take even longer.