Re: Termios.h Error

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: Termios.h Error
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 16:03:29 +0000 (UTC)

Firstly, please keep freetype-devel in the cc. This is not a private consultation.

Already said yours is a user error. ttdebug needs old or posix termios functionality OR conio.h (on windows). Defining UNIX on mingw is just wrong. Cygwin provides termios, so you could use that . Cygwin is not mingw. The other possibility is windows sub-system for Linux, on newer window systems. AFAIK msys2 is just a wrapper around mingw, so ditto.

OTOH, ttdebug is rather the deeper part of freetype-demo... if you are struggling with make/compiling, and you are only interested in learning about freetype on Windows in general, maybe you should first try to learn to skip it and NOT build it. That's quite easy - remove "ttdebug" from the EXES list in the top level Makefile, I think. The individual demo names are listed in the EXES, so you could do "make a, make b, make c..." etc to make the individual ones, instead of plain "make" (which makes all of EXES).