(cross-)building ttdebug for windows (Re: Termios.h Error)

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: (cross-)building ttdebug for windows (Re: Termios.h Error)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 00:39:53 +0000 (UTC)

in Makefile, near line 304:

Change

EXTRAFLAGS = $DUNIX $DHAVE_POSIX_TERMIOS

EXTRAFLAGS =

that's the line which blindly defines "-DUNIX -DHAVE_POSIX_TERMIOS" . With this simple change, ttdebug cross-builds.
(and stop talking about termios.h - it is just not relevant for windows...).

I guess nobody have tried cross-compiling the freetype demos for windows for years, or building all the freetype demos for windows natively (i.e.. with visual studio) ever - a few of visual studio projects are missing.

hints: stay with cygwin, and use windows sub-system for linux, if you have to use windows. Better still, use linux or a unix system, like mac os x...

Still curiosity: don't know why cross-building would trigger wine to launch, but I don't care about it enough to spend time on it.