Getting Involved With Freetype

From: James Hu
Subject: Getting Involved With Freetype
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 21:57:25 -0500

Hi,

I recently came across FreeType through GSOC. I was able to successfully clone the FreeType repo and begin reading through documentation/code. I've noticed that a few other open source organizations tag "beginner-friendly" bugs on their repo pages as a way to help new contributors get used to the code base. I haven't noticed any of these labels on FreeType's GitLab page. Is there a list of bugs that might be suitable for a beginner to tackle?

I'm currently interested in the ftbench and VFlib projects and would like to become a little more familiar with the FreeType code/organization before I begin diving deeper into these projects.

Thanks,
James