RE: [Freebangfont-devel] Andy's font

From: Andy
Subject: RE: [Freebangfont-devel] Andy's font
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 22:48:10 +0100

Sorry for the delayed reply  - I'm still catching up from my absence. I am
still reading unread emails from the beginning of May.

> Could you send the font to me - I have
> 1. Mozilla with antialiasing enabled
> 2. The truetype hinter enabled in Freetype

I'll send you a more recent version of the font tonight - if not tomorrow.

> PS: btw, Andy, if your list of packages include RedHat Linux,
> etc, GPL won't be able to do anything to prevent the font from included
> in those.

All I want is to stop small companies from charging for a package that includes
my font. I would not want them to take credit or profit for my own hard work.

I have nothing against large-scale commercial packages from including the font.
In such cases, the font is such a small part of the overall thing that it is
valueless anyway. I would be pleased if M$ include it as part of their
operating system. Most people think that is free any way (It came free with my
computer).

However, if such a large company started to advertise the fact that they
supported Bengali, and that support was dependant on my font being included,
then I would change my above opinion.

Andy