RE: [Freebangfont-devel] Andy's font

From: Andy
Subject: RE: [Freebangfont-devel] Andy's font
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 02:49:35 +0100

Different so that a user would prefer this font over some other font!

> The slants do seem to be a bit thin in many glyphs. Could that be due to
> hints not being used on my display ?

Yes that is one reason, plus this is the Regular print version of the font. The
Medium version is slightly bolder (I mean it will be I ever get time to finish
it).

> > I'll try to get this font in a state that’s good enough for beta testing
> in
> > a week or so.
>
> Great. If I may ask, on what terms are you planning to distribute it ?

I am not sure. I would like to distribute it using free for private use terms.
I am not sure as to what the business use terms should be.
Perhaps I should just stick with GPL.
All I really want is the ability to be able to try to prevent it from being
distributed with commercial packages without my consent.

Another thing. If you can think a name for my fonts please let me know.

Andy